cthulhu posted in Ideas 7 years ago

After iconizing, there is nothing we can do with the emblems, but we keep winning them anyway from various favor quoins, donating, and so on. They cannot be sold and if you already have and icon, the bonuses that an emblem give are useless.

So, I propose to do the following: have a limited time of uses for the icon, say 1000 reveres, reflects etc. After 1000 uses (or whatever number seems appropriate) the icon gives some sort of a signal, a flash or a shooting star, or a pithy saying or whatever and then disappears. The sign I think is necessary so the owner doesn't think he dropped it or lost it somewhere. 

Hehe, the sign before disappearance can be the god of that icon appearing and being frightening and whatnot for the abuse of the icon or something, so he takes his icon back and his benevolence can be obtained by donating enough to the shrines until you get the next emblem. 

On the other hand, as a side note, I would certainly prefer a funnier or more playing-down-the-religion-a-bit approach, because, frankly, the whole religion thing is kindda creepy; it's not appealing to the religious folks on the account of having a wift of blasphemy and it certainly doesn't seem to do the trick for the agnostics either. So the only way - I think - to keep from offending people, because religion, even in a game, like it or not, is a very personal thing, is to playing it down and making it humorous. And we can start that by not calling them gods, but Devs or the Bigguns, or something like that... 

Thaderator replied 7 years ago

Well, they aren't gods but rather giants: https://www.glitchthegame.com/giants. Some players occasionally refer to them as gods but that's not really the canon.

We'll certainly be thinking about how to use these items in the future and if they are too easy to aquire we can adjust how much favor is needed. You can consider almost all numbers in the game to be placeholders and subject to tweaking in the future.

Thaderator replied 7 years ago

Well, they aren't gods but rather giants: https://www.glitchthegame.com/giants. Some players occasionally refer to them as gods but that's not really the canon.

\r\n

We'll certainly be thinking about how to use these items in the future and if they are too easy to aquire we can adjust how much favor is needed. You can consider almost all numbers in the game to be placeholders and subject to tweaking in the future.

cthulhu replied 7 years ago

Duh, Giants! You are right, as always, Thaderator. It's been so long since I played the game, so I forgot a few things... Mea culpa!

cthulhu replied 7 years ago

Duh, Giants! You are right, as always, Thaderator. It's been so long since I played the game, so I forgot a few things... Mea culpa!

Pip replied 7 years ago

You should drop them next to a lonely shrine so other people who want to donate to that giant can admire a nice picture of their giant while they're doing so! :3

Pip replied 7 years ago

You should drop them next to a lonely shrine so other people who want to donate to that giant can admire a nice picture of their giant while they're doing so! :3

Skymaw replied 7 years ago

I haven't finished emblemizing yet (although it's my current goal) but when I do, I think I'll pick an out of the way street and make a huge pile of excess emblems. See how many can accrue before new players start streaming in to get them. 

Alternatively, after the eleventh emblem is granted, the favor cost could be altered to increase much more rapidly. Like, instead of 2000 favor, something more like 4000, then 6000, then 9000... you get the point. Unless eventually we have the ability to create home street shrines, but it seems silly to plan for such a far-off future eventuality. 

Skymaw replied 7 years ago

I haven't finished emblemizing yet (although it's my current goal) but when I do, I think I'll pick an out of the way street and make a huge pile of excess emblems. See how many can accrue before new players start streaming in to get them. 

\r\n

Alternatively, after the eleventh emblem is granted, the favor cost could be altered to increase much more rapidly. Like, instead of 2000 favor, something more like 4000, then 6000, then 9000... you get the point. Unless eventually we have the ability to create home street shrines, but it seems silly to plan for such a far-off future eventuality. 

If you want to reply to this thread, you need to log in.